Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First time

Hey guys. My name is Jinseong Ahn from Korea. Just call me Jay. This is first time to be here. So excited. HaHaI am a senior of San Francisco State University, and my major is marketing. I have focused on sports marketing because I love sports: baseball, football, basketball, soccer and so on. I like to watch all of sports, and I play baseball in a league. I am a big fan of my local team in Korea, also I like Giants, Raiders and 49er's, too. So, this place maybe filled with sports. I have lived in US for 6 years as an international student. And, it is going to be ended soon. Before I came here, my goal was getting a job of sports marketing field. However, I found out how hard it is. Though, I am going to keep try it. I am going to apply for internship. This is the first step of my goal. My school days is almost over, but my real life will be started. Wish me good luck.  I hope see you guys with next blog.~~~

4 comments:

  1. I'm also interested in sport marketing. Any sport would be fine with me. Too bad your stay in the United States is almost over. You'll miss out on all the great sports action we have to offer. Hopefully you can take what you learn here back to Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being an international student, will you face to stay in USA or go back to Korea when you graduate since you are counting backward of your school days? Some of my international friends had to go back to China after they graduated here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was once interested in sport marketing at one time. Although I did not keep that as my major, I still am involved with sports. I play football, basketball, and soccer, and watch any sport that is on the television. I had an internship for the Oakland Raiders two years ago, and it had its positive and negatives. Being a fan of the Raiders I absolutely loved watching all the games from the stands, but the organization was a little to dysfunctional for me. I know you will be able to get an internship you just have to keep applying. I would recommend looking into the Sharks, and Warriors for their upcoming seasons (or hopefully an upcoming season for the Sharks).

    I too am curious about where you will have to go after you graduate college? Can you only stay here if you have a job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the international student, you will have one year of practical training, which is officially allowed to work in US with salary. During the time, you will need to work with Legal to change the status to H-1 visa. Then you will have much longer time to work in US. If you couldn't fina a job in the year of practical training, you could go back to school again for 2nd major and get the 2nd practic
    practical training and try for the job application again. Same process.

    ReplyDelete